Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Audition Log: 9/8/09

"Slice of Life" Callback
West Village
4:30pm

I take the train down from work, where I have been answering phones and taking reservations since 8:45am. It's in the 14th St/8th Ave area, of which I have always been a fan, with its charming outdoor cafes and gay couples walking hand in hand.

When I got to their office/apartment there was no answer, but as I was standing at the door, Louis the director came up to me from across the street. He and his partner Thomas were at an outdoor cafe across the street, having coffee and smoking cigarettes.

So french. I loved it.

We did another scene, and then we talked a little about the character. I'm lucky because Lisa is the kind of character I can really relate to, so I had a pretty in depth view on her characterization and junk. I think my reading might have been a little weak. One of the scenes they had me do didn't have any dialogue, and I had a little trouble focusing. Which is odd since reacting is usually one of my stronger points as an actor.

They told me that I would hear from them by the next day (today) and that I was definitely in their top few choices, which was very nice to hear.

All in all I think it was a very positive audition, despite my lack of focus.

Next Audition:
U.S. and U.K. Stiletto Entertainment (Cruise Line!)
Sept 15th and 16th
Chelsea Studios

No comments:

Post a Comment