Monday, September 7, 2009

Audition Log: 9/5/09

NYFA, "Slice of Life"
Shetler Sutdios, 11:30am

I got there early, because I had to work that day. One of my co-workers was covering the first hour or so of my shift for me, so I was hoping I could get seen a little early and get to the restaurant by noon. So I got there at 11:00 and sure enough, I went right into the audition room.

I was very pleasantly surprised to discover that the director was French, which explained the couple of spelling mistakes in the e-mail I received from him. Not too big a deal, but I've found that usually when I get an email with spelling mistakes in it, I end up in a room with some guy who has no idea what he's talking about. But this time it was totally awesome. He seemed to really know what he was talking about, and since I was early, I got to have a nice, leisurely audition. I did my monologue, then read the sides, then did the sides again with an adjustment from the director, and then I got to do my monologue again. It was awesome.

I got a callback, which was either for today or tomorrow, and they sent me the script. I'm going in tomorrow so I have some time to read the script and get familiar with it. It's a really cute script, very Notting Hill. I'm really excited about the callback.

In other audition news, I heard from this other short film. The director/producer told me that the role I'd submitted for was already cast, but he asked me if I thought I was a good fit for the lead, Rosalita. According to him, Rosalita is Latin or Italian, with long black hair and a good figure.

Not the kind of role I usually go for, but I think with some strategically placed double-stick tape and a lot of eyeliner, I could pull it off. I've already got my audition outfit picked out. He's supposed to call me later to set something up.

Now I am off to cook dinner for my family and look over the script for "Slice of Life" one more time.

Onward, ho.

Next Audition:
"Slice of Life" callback
Tomorrow at 4:30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment