Thursday, September 3, 2009

Audition Log: 9/1/09

For "The Trestle at Pope Lick Creek"\
by the Rapscallion Theatre Collective

I arrive at 7:30pm. Audition is next to a tap class. Holy God is it noisy in this hallway. I think this is one of those classes where they don't require tap shoes, and just let the students stomp around in their regular shoes.

Monologue went well . Like my recent discovery that coffee wakes you up in the morning, I am forced to admit that I'm better off doing a monologue that I've worked on before. I did Bug from Cherry Smoke, and I did really well.

They asked me about my schedule, which as it stands now, kind of sucks for their rehearsal schedule. They asked me how flexible it was and I kind of got nervous and choked a bit while trying to explain that my schedule can change. I got a little nervous because I didn't want my schedule to be the deciding factor in whether or not I get a callback.

But really, I want to be an actor, not a hostess. A show would be my priority.

I didn't get a callback, but this marathon of auditioning is making me really competitive. The more I go on, the less of a big deal they seem. That first audition last Monday, i was all, "I'll just do my best, and we'll see what happens." This next one though, I'm gonna be all, "I SHALL DO THE GREATEST JOB I HAVE EVER DONE IN MY LIFE!"

And that's exactly what I'm going to do at my...

wait for it...

Next Audition:
"Slice of Life" a NYFA film
Saturday Sept 5, at 11:30am
This is one of my appointment auditions.

And I shall do the greatest job I have ever done in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment