Saturday, August 15, 2009

Audition Log: 8/13/09

"Hair" Equity Chorus Call.

Ah, now I remember why I stopped doing Equity calls.

My audition buddy Harmony was set to arrive at Chelsea studios at 7am to put our names on the list. Received a text from her at 8:53am: "Not doing list until 1pm and I can't put your name right after mine..."

Apparently a few weeks ago some girl showed up with a pre-made list of about 25 people that had been written the night before, so now they weren't allowing anyone to put any names down aside from there own. Why does there always have to be some bitch who ruins it for everyone?

So I got there around 11:30 and met Harmony. They started the sign-up sheet at 12:30 but it was a madhouse. We were numbers 49 and 50.

Messed around for a while, checked back at 3:30 and were told that they weren't going to see any Non-Equity because they're going to be having an open call in the next couple of weeks.

So I rode the loser train home and then fell asleep.

Next audition: Monday, August 24th. National Tour of "In The Mood," a 1940s musical revue. It's an Open Call, so hopefully I'll get seen.

Onward ho.

No comments:

Post a Comment