Thursday, July 16, 2009

Foiled again...

Yet another chapter in the Book of Fail.

I was all set to go to a workshop about the Business of Acting, given by Jeff Mitchell of Mitchell/Rudolph Casting. It was only $25 for three hours and it was all about ways the actor can break in and get his or her name out there. We were also supposed to bring our headshots and Jeff was going to go through them all and say what worked and what didn't work about them.

All in all, an opportunity to learn and network and exchange some business cards. (I have business cards, didn't you know?)

So... I had ordered some headshots to be printed at CVS. I figured I'd get ten 8 by 10s to tide me over before I could go to a Reproduction place and get like 100. I put in the order online and they were supposed to be ready for pick up by 4:45 today. Plenty of time for me to get to my 7pm seminar.

Well, I must have been smoking something because I left the house late and ended up running to CVS in three inch stilettos (I was dressed to impress)

I got there JUST IN TIME to throw money at the cashier, and get back on the bus in time to make my train into the city. But as soon as I told the girl my name, she looked down at the pile of envelopes on her counter (none of which looked like it contained any 8" by 10"s and said, "I don't think you're in here."

She ended up having to call the company, and it turns out that my order didn't go through, even though I recieved a confirmation email. Not only did I not have my headshot, by the time we worked everything out, I had missed my train.

I ended up hopping the bus to Mom and Dad's, drowning my sorrows in a Blimpie's sandwich, and going home. I watched a documentary on JK Rowling and shot the first half of my audition video for Make Me a Superstar.

My intro could only be one minute (the rest of the tape is reserved for a scene) but I shot about 15 minutes of unused footage. Expect a blooper reel.

No comments:

Post a Comment