Monday, March 14, 2011

2011 Anthem Search at CitiField

A few days ago I received the most adorable message from my grandma.



So I figured what the heck.

I woke up at 5:30am, and I was so tired that I put the coffee beans in the part where the water's supposed to go. I only live about five minutes away from CitiField so I was there by 7. I was a little afraid that there weren't going to be a lot of people there. I just needed to be in the first one hundred, but if there were only ten people there, I was going to be PISSED that I woke up at 5:30.

There were a lot of people, but I thought it very likely that I was in the top one hundred, since there were a lot of parents there.

NY1 was there, which was extremely exciting.

And so I stood/sat outside of the stadium until 11am, when we slowly began to file in, ten at a time. I sang, I left, and on the way out they gave me two free tickets to a game in April.

I'll find out if I made the second round in the next week, but in the meantime, I was in the NY1 broadcast. I'm rifling through my purse 22 seconds in.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, you're the best rifler-through-a-bag- I've ever seen. Were I a casting director watching NY1 and trying to cast the perfect person to do said act of rifling...My search woudl be over.

    and mom...she meant well, no?

    ReplyDelete