Saturday, July 24, 2010

At the 8th Ave Dunkin Donuts... killing time before work.

You know those tales in legends like King Arthur, where a knight or a defenseless maiden wanders into the faery realm and gets lost, emerging what feels like hours later only to find that years have passed and everyone they once knew has grown old and died?

Well along the same vein, I just visited the 34th Street Macy's.

I have a gift card and I just want to buy a pair of sandals for walking around DC. And how happy I was to have this gift card to a store other than Conway or Payless, where I might be able to get a nice quality pair of shoes and not bankrupt myself.

But apparently that is too much to ask because the store itself is a labyrinth. First of all I had to go up FIVE floors just to find a sign that said Women's shoes, and then once I was on that floor, couldn't find them. I walked around for about twenty minutes until I began to fear that I was about to be devoured by the Minitour living in the maze's center when I finally decided to give it up.

If I designed a department store it would have a logic to it.

Shoes: Ground Floor.
Then pants, shirts, cosmetics and a special penthouse level for hats. Start from the bottom and work your way up.

I'll get my sandals at the Macy's in Flushing, which like most things in my neighborhood, is as if someone took the city version, shrank it down to about a fifth of the size and crammed a bunch of Asian people in it.

Yeah. I'm in a good mood today.

No comments:

Post a Comment