Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"Sex, Relationships and Sometimes Love"

Well, that sounds like the title to a very depressing blog entry, but actually this is going to be a very happy one, because "Sex, Relationships and Sometimes Love" is the title of the play that I just got into.

The audition was like a Pizza Hut express. I did my sassy black woman monologue yesterday and was immediately given a callback, and then today I got there and chose a different piece to do, since I wanted to show them some range. When I got in the room I got exactly one line out before the casting director stopped me.

He gave me a different monologue which he described as "over the top." And of this monologue I did three lines. And then I was cast in the show.

I'm guessing it's a very large cast, since it appears to be a collection of monologues, which would explain the speedy audition procedures. Rehearsals start this Thursday at 9am (yikes) and they're only during the day, which is actually perfect for me since I work at night.

So yeah. I'm going to go get a bagel. And then probably take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment