Monday, May 10, 2010

Audition Log 5/10/10

By the time I got to the audition, all the good sides had been taken. The only one left was clearly written for a sassy black woman, with plenty of "Honey"s and "oh no you don't"s.

And for a second, I actually hesitated.

I was like, I'm going to look like an asshole if I go in there and do this like a sassy black woman. It would be different if these people knew me, or had ever met me before. But out of context they're going to think I'm a racist.

And then I said "Fuck that, I'll never see these people again in my life," and went in there and did my best sassy black lady.

And I got a callback tomorrow morning!

The director even said, "Perfect, that's exactly how that's supposed to be performed."

I even capped it off with a finger snap at the end.

Balls out.

No comments:

Post a Comment