Sunday, March 28, 2010

What's the deal with airline food?

When someone asks you, "How was your night?" how to you convey in one simple sentence the fact that you've just had the greatest night of your life?

My stand-up debut was a great success, mostly due to all the wonderful friends who came out and supported me. About a third of the audience was there for me, and they did a great job being the most wonderful audience ever.

I'm not the only person in the show who was doing stand-up for the first time, so that calmed my nerves a bit. And I decided not really to worry about the twenty minute thing. I ended up doing only about ten, but I forgot about a chunk in the middle. If I'd remembered, it only would have been about twelve of thirteen. But the people who did go twenty minutes (or more) did seem to be talking for a VERY long time.

Now that I've done it, I'm completely in love with it. I'm definitely going to be doing it again.

And luckily, my lovely parents videotaped it upon my request, so the video will be posted soon.

2 comments:

  1. Yaaaay! You have way more courage than I do. Congrats on trying new things- and loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome!!! I can't wait to see the next one. And of course, the video.

    ReplyDelete