Friday, January 22, 2010

Okay...

If there were a way to attach a song to a blog entry, the one playing while you read this would be "Lose Yourself" by Eminem.

Or "Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus.

Yeah, that's just how I roll.

Well, the Hair thing got me to thinking the past two days. I don't think this whole Equity Call thing is going to work for me.

I mean there's something very noble to the idea that if I show up at 6 in the morning and sit around until all the Equity people are gone, and if I actually get seen and if I'm good enough to totally knock their socks off, I could potentially get a role in a Broadway musical. And I know people who have paid their dues and gone to these calls and gotten remembered by casting directors and eventually end up getting called in for something.

But seriously, sometimes it just doesn't seem worth it to me.

I mean, I don't think the act of auditioning isn't worth it. This is not my final blog announcing my retirement from theatre. I just mean the big ones. The American Idol-esque auditions for the big money shows. Like Hair. The ones that EVERYBODY comes out for. I mean, when 500 girls show up for auditions, you have to wonder just how closely they're even looking at each person.

And when I close my eyes and I picture myself in ten years, in five years, in (God willing) two years, I am not on Broadway. I'm on T.V. or at a movie premiere or at the Golden Globes. That's the fame I'm reaching towards.

And again we come 'round to the idea of L.A.

Balls.

Well, before I pack up my whole life and move to L.A. to pursue a career in film, one thing is for certain. I need a damn fine reel. Which means I need some more film experience. And I need to email some very lazy directors and tell them to pack an envelope full of bubble wrap and send me my DVD. Dangit.

Onward. Ho.

No comments:

Post a Comment