Saturday, January 23, 2010

Audition Log: 1/23/09

New York Film Academy
"Perfidia"

So not only did I get on the train with seconds to spare before possibly being late for this audition, I realized just as the doors were closing that I, in my infinite wisdom, did not have my portfolio with me.

So headshot, resume...nope, didn't have it.

No time to go back, I was already risking being late, and what was I supposed to do? Not go?

F that.

As it turned out, I was not late. In fact, I walked in a full ten minutes early, and they sent me right in.

And the reaction to my not having a headshot and resume on me?

Meh.

The part is this 1940s lounge singer who accidently kills her boyfriend. Awesome! So they had me sing, and she asked me to imagine my boyfriend lying dead on the ground. Ha ha, it was really fun. I got to sing and cry.

I feel a sense of catharsis.

Aristotle would be proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment