Sunday, September 20, 2009

Rehearsal Log: 9/19/09

Had our first reading for "Slice of Life."

Two of the actors weren't there, but I got to meet the guy playing my love interest, Alex. His name is Patrick and he seems just perfect. He's like a little puppy, I just want to put him in a Sailor Suit and make him sing and dance.

I also got to meet Neil, who is playing the manager of the Pizza Place. I don't have any scenes with him, so if not for this reading I would never have gotten to meet him!

I really don't know a lot about the New York Film Academy, but this film seems to have a pretty serious budget. The last scene takes place in a hospital room, and Louis was talking about BUILDING a room.

Most fun of the day came at the end. My character is a movie star, and there's both a film poster and a newspaper article in the movie that both have pictures of me. The film poster was just a straight-forward smiling close-up, but for the newspaper article Louis wanted to do a paparazzi shot. So I put on my glasses and my big scarf, (luckily I had an improbably huge purse with me) and he stood across the street and took pictures of me hailing a cab and crossing the street.

And even though it looked completely staged and there was really onlt one guy with a camera hounding me, people were still looking at me like, "who is that?"

No comments:

Post a Comment