Thursday, September 24, 2009

Personal crisis...

So... I got asked to audition for a Shakespeare company on Sunday, but I was working so I had to reschedule for today. The auditions on Sunday were at Ripley Grier, but today they're at the company's homebase. I've just found out that the "homebase" in question is a JCC in Harlem.

I can't figure out if not going to this audition makes me a scared little white girl, or a snob.

The way I see it, this is a repeat of the situation I was in last year when I did "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" in Bay Ridge. A two-hour train ride to rehearse in the basement of a church for no money and too much stress.

And taking the bus through Harlem at night doesn't sound appealing.

Yeah, I don't think I'm going to go.

I'm going to have to make this up to my karma though. Looks like I'm going to have to do some serious Open Call action this upcoming week.

Decided to start my karma repair by registering for one of Jen Rudolph's Green Room workshops. They're these really awesome workshops, of only about 8 students each. They have a different casting director come in every Monday for you to meet and talk to and form a relationship with. She also does Agent Nights every month where you can audition for a bunch of agents at one time. Right now there's a promotion going on to get into an Agent Night for free if you register for the Green Room, so I decided to do it.

Until I got to the website and realized that the Green Room costs 500 freaking dollars.

Maybe next month.

Or year.

Or whatever...

1 comment:

  1. Harlem aint so bad! Most parts are actually quite safe these days...but yeah, low budget shakespeare can be pretty horrifying...

    KW

    ReplyDelete