Monday, August 24, 2009

Audition Log: 8/24/09

Open call for "In the Mood"

Got home from work last night at 12:30am, wide awake and still wired. But I poured myself a glass of wine and settled down to watch the new episode of True Blood in bed. (Okay, it was a rum and coke, but "glass of wine" make my impending alcoholism seem less serious)

Fell asleep somewhere past 2am, up at 6:15. Managed to get out of the house by 7:20 and was in the city by 8. Realized halfway between Queens and Manhattan that in my haste to curl my hair this morning, I forgot to brush my teeth.

Ew.

8:15 am I arrive at the studio and put my name on the unofficial sign-up sheet. I am number 9. Unfortunately, Ripley Grier does not open until 9am, so I sit on the floor outside the doors, do my make-up, and when the doors open I immediately buy gum.

Am the only girl who came already dressed in heels and a dress, rather than in sweats and flip-flops with a dress and heels in my bag, and thus feel like somewhat of a chode.

9:15am
Am surprised there aren't more girls here. Things are looking good.

9:30am
My friend Sarah arrives. Huzzah!

10:00am
Overhear some girls talking about a friend who is at another audition studio putting them on the list for Footloose. I didn't even know Footloose was having an audition today, and make a note to be more vigilant about finding out what auditions are happening when.

10:45am
Actually get to sing, which is a fine change from getting typed out or turned away. And we're doing BOTH songs. I am singing "With Every Breath I Take" from City of Angels, and "I Get a Kick Out of You" from Anything Goes.

With Every Breath went well. Intro was a little shaky, I haven't sung it with a piano for a while and the recording is a bit lower, so my first note was off but I fixed myself. "I Get a Kick" was fun, and they seemed to really like that one, but I didn't breathe right, and by the end of the first phrase I was about ready to pass out.

Other than that I think it went well. I was back on the train by 11:15am.

Next Audition:
Open Call for Gary Musick Productions
Casting Singers and Dancers for Celebrity Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line and Oceana Cruises
Tomorrow, 9am
Shetler Studios

Balls to the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment