Monday, May 11, 2009

Career milestone...

I saw myself on TV the other day!

I did background for "Rescue Me" last year, and have been waiting patiently for the new season to begin, delayed by strikes and such. But on Friday night while I was at work my mom sent me a text message. They'd been DVRing the show in hopes of seeing me and last Tuesday it finally aired.

If you happen to catch episode five of this season of Rescue Me, entitled "Sheila," I'm in the first two minutes. A fire truck pulls up, and just before Dennis Leary gets out, a girl with short brown hair in a black skirt and gray jacket walks by talking on her cellphone. And THAT, my friends, is ME!

This is a transcript of the text message conversation between me and my mom:

Mom: What were you wearing during Rescue Me?
Me: Black skirt, gray jacket
Mom: Short sleeves?
Me: Yes. Do you see me?
Mom: If it is you, you look STACKED
Me: Well, the camera does add ten pounds.

I then came home, bought it on iTunes, and yes. I look like I have enormous breasts. But it was a year ago, and I was slightly fatter.

So exciting. I can't wait till it's on hulu so I can post it! Lord, when I am older and jaded and have personal assistants who bring me water, and I have a recurring role in several Primetime dramas, and billboards of me in Subway stations, let me always remember this feeling of seeing myself on television for the first time. Because it's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment