Monday, April 6, 2009

Bloggity blog blog

Had my first rehearsal for Danny and the Deep Blue Sea on Wednesday. Ian, my costar picked me up to give me a ride. So I was a little nervous since i hadn't really met him yet. I talked to him a little bit after we read together at auditions but for all intents and purposes, this was our first meeting. But there was no need for me to worry, because he's a really cool guy.

First read-through went well. It's hard to read that play. I started out trying to just read the lines and not place any pre-supposed emphasis on any of the lines, but I couldn't really help it. The subject matter is REALLY emotional. Hopefully it won't influence my performance too badly.

I'm so excited to be doing this show. A chance to actually use all the crap I've been learning in the past two years. This is my first full-length play in almost a year. I've been doing mostly short films or short plays, like ten-minute things or scenes. So it's awesome to have the chance to apply all the technique I've been learning to a full play with multiple scenes and stuff. Whee!

So I was hanging around on this rainy day in my apartment watching Amercia's Next Top Model and my friend Sarah called me. She's been on tour with a production of Cinderella for the past MILLION YEARS but she's going to be doing a show in Flushing in a few weeks. In the very park in which I used to skateboard in Jr. High. I'm so excited to see her, I've been missing her terribly.

I think I'd like to do a tour. I've been feeling an intense need to travel lately. My friend Jessica is going to Europe. I'm so jealous. I think I'm going to make my goal for the next year a trip to Europe. By this time next year, I'm going to be in Rome.

Let's make the wishlist now:

Rome
Milan
Venice
Okay, all of Italy
Ireland
Paris

Anywhere else.

Hmm... I wonder if I can convince any of my friends to do this with me, or if I should just go alone. And while traveling alone does seem romantic, you do run the risk of being sold into white slavery.

I wonder how much money I can save in a year. And shall i go with a bank account, or a coffee can hidden within the floorboards of my apartment?

No comments:

Post a Comment