Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Yeah Boy-eeeeeee

I got into a play!

I'm going to be playing Roberta in "Danny and the Deep Blue Sea"!

I auditioned last Tuesday for a theatre company called Radical Dreamers NY. The audition was at Theatre for the New City, which has since changed its location, but in the early days of its life as a theatre, housed an ill-fated production called something like, "20 years after the Man in the Iron Mask" for which my mother did her first and only lighting design.

Speaking of theatrical dynasties, have you ever heard of anything sadder than Natasha Richardson?

Not to seem completely insensitive by opening with my own joyous news, but I find what happened to her to be so tragic. Especially because of all the conflicting reports. I mean, some places were reporting that she was already dead yesterday, and some reports said they still didn't know. I think everyone was so hopeful that she would pull through, it's all the more upseting to hear that she's died.

My friend Jen works for the Roundabout Theatre Company, and she'd done so many plays with them that many of the staff knew her personally. Jen says that everyone at Roundabout was devastated when they heard the news. Obviously, all our thoughts and prayers are with her husband and their sons.

It's so sad. It makes me tear up every time I think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment