Saturday, April 25, 2009

The beginning of a bad day...

10:27am

Up and Atom.

Up and Adam?

No, that can't be right. Up and Atom.

What the hell does that mean?

Well I woke up this morning only to discover that 90210 doesn't come start on Saturdays until 11:00. Balls. Then I stepped on a sharp piece of teacup that one of my cats broke two days ago. So my foot is bleeding. And then I put too much sugar in my coffee.

This does not bode well for the day.

And my TV is broken. Everything is blue. Well that's not true. Some things are purple. For example, I think it depends on skin tone. Debbie Matenopolis is blue, but Nick Lachay is purple.

So i was just watching The Soup and there was a clip from Miss USA, or Miss America, or whatever it was. I was working that night so I only got the chance to glance up every once in a while and there was no sound. One might argue that sound is really optional in the Miss America pageant, but whatevs.

So Keenan Thompson asked one of the ladies if she thought America should have Universal Healthcare and she didn't answer the question. She used the word "integrity" about five times and I think she probably got sidetracked having used a word with so many syllables.

Meow.

The thing is, I don't understand why any private citizen would answer that question with a "no." I mean, I have no idea what it would actually take to GET universal Heathcare for America, and something tells me that this might not be the opportune time considering or current Economic climate. But I would really love Universal Healthcare, kind of like I'd really love it if every American citizen was issued a $50 Borders Giftcard.

Maybe it's just me but I would really like it if I didn't have to worry about falling down the stairs and breaking both my arms and not being able to pay for my trip to the hospital. I would really love it if I didn't have to strip whole pieces of birchbark off of a tree, soak it in hot water to make it pliable, and then form it in a cast around my broken limbs.

I don't even know if I can do that. I read it in a book, but quite frankly I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

God I hate watching. E! I wish I were a celebrity.

I would be an awesome celebrity. Seriously, someone interview me. It would be awesome.

Oh God I just spilled coffee on my lap. What is WITH today????

2 comments:

  1. Up an at 'em s how I always picture it written.

    Put you on the guest list for The Philanthropist ON Party tomorrow--I know you work late but if you happen to get out early enough, you should just come straight over. It's only 2 blocks away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. up and at 'em.

    that's the phrase.

    i love you.

    -cate

    ReplyDelete