Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Squeaking By...


Every time I go use the coinstar machine at the Food Emporium on 43rd street, there is ALWAYS some manager's discarded clipboard on it. Like the people in that neighborhood never have the need to cash in the coins they've been hoarding for months on end in order to get the $65 cash to keep their bank account from overdrawing. So we might as well use it as furniture.

This time though, some guy came in right after me to cash in his coins. First time I've ever seen anyone else use that coinstar machine.

I gave him a little smile as I took my voucher, a kind of, "Glad to know I'm not the only one."

He shrugged.

1 comment:

  1. I've had a similar experience, once had an old woman ask me how to use the machine as if I was some sort of expert....of course, I was. The life of a performer.

    Great blog post

    ReplyDelete