Tuesday, May 15, 2012

First Shakespeare Class...

Went quite well despite the fact that I was suffering from a migraine for the entire second half. The first class was just prepared monologues, to get a sense of our abilities and personalities.

Highlight of the night was when one guy (whose name I forgot) was doing his monologue, containing the words "Draw your sword," and the instructor (Seth) asked him to physically draw a sword. To which he replied, "Do you want me to get a sword? I brought some."

Seth: "Seriously?"

Yep. He had three.

Seth: "Do you carry these with you all the time?"

Guy: "Well I always have one in my car."

Seth: "Amazing."

He was also wearing a Monty Python T-shirt, and throughout the course of the evening there was at least one Hitchhiker's Guide reference.

I don't know why I didn't realize that a class containing both Shakespeare and sword fighting would attract total dorks. And I thought to myself, "Do I really belong with these people?"

And then I took a long hard look at myself watching my Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVDs and surfing the web for the pirated Les Mis trailer and I realized:

Yes. Yes I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment