Thursday, February 3, 2011

I Have A Theory...


If you are at an audition, and the people running that audition offer you a beer, they are testing you, in order to find out how Awesome you are.

Because a director who offers you beer at an audition is surely Awesome, and only actors of an equal or greater level of Awesomeness can work under such Awesome direction.

So, when I turn in for the night and look back on my accomplishments for the day, will I be happy with the level of Awesomeness that I attained?

Indeed I will.

The audition was for a promo for a mock-umentary webseries. It's similar to The Office, it chronicles the production of a reality show. The audition was unconventional, but really fun.

We all arrived at the same time, and though we went into the room either one or two at a time, the majority of my time there was spent sitting with all the other actors, hanging out. They bought us pizza, soda, and (the aforementioned) beer.

The actual audition was great, too. They gave me a scenario and let me improvise it. I was supposed to be some tough-as-nails production manager with tattoos.

I cannot stress how much I want to wear temporary facial tattoos.

1 comment:

  1. and to add to that, if first day of rehearsal you walk into the space and the director says hoegaarden or stella...just say yes. Even more levels of awesomeness.

    (ps..theater for the new city = beer)

    ReplyDelete