Saturday, January 8, 2011

2011 is a week old.

So far I've been on two auditions, scheduled three more, been approached by a professional fashion photographer, and set my hair on fire.

Okay, so the last one isn't a professional achievement, but still worth mentioning.

Auditions have been good. The first was for an art house film, and though I didn't get it, the director/writer sent me an email to tell me that I did a good job and that he liked my look, though they decided to go with someone else. It's always a nice little morale boost when people take the time to do that.

The next one was more casual, for a sketch comedy show, and it was one of those Wham-Bam auditions. An hour on the train for a minute and a half in the room. Where the only way you know if you did a good job is through your own self-assessment. And if my judgement isn't clouded by too much delusional confidence, I'd say I did a pretty good job.

The photographer thing happened on Tuesday night, while I was waiting for my friend Mike outside the big McDonald's on 42nd street. We're phone tagging right now, I'm supposed to call him on Monday to talk about doing a shoot.

So all in all, a sweet first week. Although it will be worth a chuckle if I go on all these auditions and the only job I get comes as the result of standing outside of a McDonald's.

1 comment:

  1. Here is to a good 2011, the general consensus among my friends is 2010 can kiss 2011's ass. It looks to be a good year all around. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete