Tuesday, December 28, 2010

After about an hour and a half of submissions, my cover letters go from this:

Hi, my name is Michele McNally and I would love to be considered for this project. I have studied improv with the Upright Citizens Brigade and have extensive experience working on student films. I'd really appreciate the chance to audition. Thanks again! Michele

to this:

I do a great nerdy-but-secretly-pretty girl. Just wait till you see me in a pair of thick glasses with my hair in a ponytail, like the first half hour of "She's All That." I totally get it.

True story. Consider this my apology to the casting director that is going to open that cover letter in the next 24 hours. Good luck with the rest of auditions.

1 comment:

  1. You realize that that'll probably get you called in. Where as the nice professional sounding one..return to sender.

    ReplyDelete