Monday, March 15, 2010

Ooh, a free moment of my life that is not being spent sleeping...

If my rehearsal tonight hadn't been canceled, I probably would not have the time to blog right now.

My life is awesome right now. Rehearsals, class, friends, coffee, and Newsies on DVD. What more could a girl want?

Got myself a free wig the other day, when I went to go do reshoots for "Slice of Life." Luckily my haircut was not so drastic as to actually need to use it, but I got to take it home. It's long and black and I call it Megan Fox.

Rehearsals for Poppycock are going quite well. Still at the stage where I don't know my lines yet, which is frustrating because I have a very physical role, and I hate having to have the script in my hands. But I absolutely love going to rehearsal. All the No Tea people are really cool and seem to have their shit together.

Also looming somewhat ominously in the distance is my evening of stand-up comedy. I'm waffling back and forth right now between actually crafting a traditional stand-up routine with written jokes, punchlines, that sort of thing, or maybe doing some kind of comedic performance piece. Seven to Ten minutes is a very long time.

Whatever happens, I hope all my friends come, preferably drunk, and laugh at me. Or with me. Or whatever, as long as there's not total silence or an air of judgement. Or if there is, it had better be a funny air of judgement.

I'm on vocal rest until rehearsal tomorrow, because I lost my voice over the weekend, which I'm sure made the voice-over I recorded yesterday for Poppycock a hell of a lot more interesting. So I have a big night planned. Gonna catch up on the DVR and drink some tea. Maybe watch some stand-up, take some notes, steal some jokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment