Thursday, February 11, 2010

Laugh Until it Hurts...

If I were to try and count the number of resumes I've sent out in the past month, whether for acting or for a new job, I'd estimate it at about seven million.

But I've gotten a few bites. On Saturday February 20th I apparently have an audition for something called "Laugh Until it Hurts." I read the email very carefully, and no matter how many times I read it, it always seems like they want my to do stand-up for my audition.

After I got the email I went back and checked the audition notice, and the call is for stand-up and improvisers. I apparently only payed attention to the "improvisers" part.

I don't do stand-up. I've never done stand-up. Stand-up frightens me.

So. Saturday, February 20th. I have 9 days to learn how to become a Stand-Up Comedian.

1 comment:

  1. You could expand on your poetry reading skills, a la second Midnight Theatre freshman year, with Sarah Mclachlan in the background. That was good stuff.
    --Cate

    ReplyDelete