Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Laugh Until it Hurts Part Three

Well...

I got the job. Or, I booked the gig, or whatever the lingo is now that I'm a Big-Time Stand Up Comedian.

This whole thing is happening in a whirlwind. I found out at the audition that I got into the show, and the show is on Sunday. THIS Sunday. Meep.

I get to do seven to ten minutes of material, whatever I want. I don't have to include the material I used for my audition. Basically, they trust me to be funny. I have to get ten people to come, but that shouldn't be too much of a trouble. I already told a few people about it and they seem very excited to see me make an ass out of myself.

Speaking of being excited, I totally am! But I'm also really, really freaked out. I'm glad it's only on Sunday and not in like, a month or something. I can't imagine having to lie in bed picturing my failure for the next four weeks. Which I have been doing, because apparently Stand Up comedy scares the goop out of me.

I worked last night and I'm working tonight, so Wednesday is my day to sit down with a pen and paper and put together an act.

I'm thinking there will be much watching of old SNL skits on hulu in order to get me in the mood to be funny.

Balls to the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment