Thursday, January 28, 2010

Audition Log 1/26/10

"The Crucible"
The Gallery Players, Brooklyn

I felt pretty good about this one going in. My fake-uncle (he was the guitarist in my dad's old band, so for all the years I've known him, he's been Uncle John) has worked with them before, so he told me he'd mention my name to the director.

Of course, given the fact that I was one among seven HUNDRED girls who showed up for this audition, I really doubt they would have even remembered my name by the time I walked into the room.

My God there were a lot of girls there.

BUT... I have very long hair, and I did a monologue from Miss Julie, which was totally the kind of strong young woman from yester-year monologue that would put them in mind of Abigail. Cross my fingers.

The way I see it, in all these Theatre Companies that have been operating for years, there are always people who know each other, who have worked together on past productions, who maybe have a little bit of a leg-up at the auditions.

And then one day a show comes along that you're perfect for, and you go to the audition feeling confident that even though the artistic directors claim that they haven't pre-cast, that this role is meant for YOU.

And then, some bitch comes swooping in from out of nowhere and grabs up the perfect role that you've spent the past three years suffering in the chorus line to earn.

The way I see it, I could be that bitch.

Callbacks are Saturday, but just because I haven't heard anything yet doesn't mean I won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment