Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Fail/Success. At the same time. Weird.

Okay so I didn't get the part, but I got some of the best feedback I've ever gotten from an audition outside of college.

It was really surprising. I figured the only reason I'd even get a call would be if I got the role, and if I didn't I would just never hear from them again. They would go to that imaginary island where I send all the directors and casting directors that have never called me again. In that environment I imagine them battling for clean water and flounder while trying to stage a revival of "Song and Dance," all the while wishing they had a sassy twenty-something brunette with a kick-ass British dialect to play Emma.

But imagine my surprise when I checked my phone on my break on Saturday and I had a voicemail.

The voicemail (which I have listened to seven times and now have committed to memory) is from the director, Laura. She explains that they've decided to go in a different direction with Ophelia, the character for which I was auditioning. But THEN, she says:

But Michele, you are such a smart and talented actor. Rarely have I seen such smart, unique, inventive choices being made.
Woot.

So I can't count this one as a fail. It was a really nice kick in the Self-Worth. 2010 is going to be a good year I think.

Now I just need a new camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment