Thursday, June 4, 2009

This day turned out to be much more bitchin' than I thought it would...

Went to the audition for the short film this morning. It wasn't my best. I was one of the first people there, and the scene they wanted us to read was a highly physical fight scene, so the reading I did was a little awkward.

And to top it all off, I was there for a total of fifteen minutes, and then I was out in the city at 11:30am and didn't have to be at work until 3:00.

I didn't want to go home, because most of my time would have been taken by the train ride in either direction, so I decided to see a movie. And I saw Star Trek for the third time. Awesome.

While I was in Star Trek I got a casting notice on my handy-dandy Blackberry that Rock Me TV was having an Open Call for hosts from 12 to 3pm. But I got out of the movie at 2, and I didn't think I would be out in time for work if I went over then. But then I got a text from this girl Toni asking if she could take my shift tonight in exchange for Sunday. Obviously I said yes.

I didn't have any more headshots, having given them all to the auditioners this morning, but I had my photo business cards (some of you might already be aware--I have business cards) so I went over.

I hope I'm not being too cocky. But I effing ROCKED.

It was a lot of fun. First one of the currents hosts interviewed us briefly; What's your name? Where are you from? and then we got to say "Hi, I'm Michele McNally with Rock Me TV and we're live in Times Square with a whole bunch of crazy shit..."

Just the other day I was watching Michele Merkin's interview with Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto and I was thinking how fun it would be to have some kind of interviewer/host gig. All in all I think I did a really good job. I got interviewed (off Camera) after my screen test and they seemed really positive about both my schedule and my point of view.

If I got a final callback, I'm supposed to hear by Monday.

And now...victory Sushi.

No comments:

Post a Comment