Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Recession Homework...

I hate being broke.

Or rather, I hate having money in the bank that I can't spend because the two bills I paid three days ago still haven't shown up on my bank statement on Chase.com. That website needs to get its shit together, STAT.

Seriously, the other day one of my debits disappeared. The money resurfaced in my account. And then the next day it was back, and there went that $30 again.

But I'm dealing with my temporary monetary lull the best way I can. I have a little cash set aside so that I can get headshots printed and start going out on auditions again. Thank God, because I'm getting stir crazy just sitting around the house.

But until that happens, I've been reading a bunch. I cracked open Sanford Meisner's "On Acting" once again. I don't think I ever actually read that book all the way through. I've decided to cycle through all my acting books one more time. All of them, not just the ones I think make me look cool sitting up on my bookshelf. I figure I'll just fill my head with as much wisdom as possible, and maybe once I've absorbed all the knowledge, I'll be able to sift through all the crap and actually work out this Technique thing everyone's talking about.

Summer Reading List:
"On Acting," Sanford Meisner
"The Practical Handbook for the Actor," Lots-o-People
"Respect for Acting," Uta Hagen
"Audition," Michael Shurtleff
"True and False," David Mamet
"The Actor Speaks," Patsy Rodenburg
"An Actor Prepares," Constantin Stanislavski
"A Challenge for the Actor," Uta Hagen

Maybe once I've actually read all these books all the way through, I'll have some sense of what I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment